Vanity and Yet Another Transmogrification Post

Cassandri in level 70 gear, current gear and future transmogrification set

Cassandri in level 70 gear, current gear and future transmogrification set

I must be the last player to catch the news that Blizzard intend to bring transmogrification to World of Warcraft.

While I’ve not really been playing much (cough – not at all – cough) I have kept on top of my feed reader. I’ve been reading about World of Warcraft. I’m sure I’ve skim read at least 10 posts that mention “transmogrification”. And I just kept thinking that:

I’m going to transmorg my latest pair of gloves!

actually meant

I’m going to crudely turn the blue polygons on my latest pair of gloves into a greenish snot colour instead

Hardly inspiring stuff! But that’s not what Lathere promised me at all. I popped over for some tea, cake and baby cuddles (not necessarily in that order) last Friday.

“I’m surprised you’re not mad keen on the whole transmorg thing… I thought you would be jumping at the chance to wear your Frozen Shadoweave set again. But, technically, still have your latest gear on.”

I was outraged. You can do that?! Nobody told me you could change the armor model to something else entirely!

I didn’t even wait to go home. I logged in from Lath’s place. Unfortunately I then remembered why I’ve accomplished so little in the game since reaching level 85. I don’t really know anything about the game anymore. I don’t understand what people are talking about in General chat (although I’m fairly sure that BOT doesn’t stand for Botanica anymore). And I don’t know the people in my guild.

I guess I should be grateful that I’m still in a guild! This continually surprises me – whenever I do log in the first thing I do is hit “j” to check that I am in a guild. Ok, that’s a lie. The first thing I do is hit “o” and then after a bit of confusion I hit “c” and then I remember that the Guild stuff is its own window and has its own shortcut now. That’s when I hit “j”.

I have weird stuff in my bags. I don’t know if Dragon Flank is worth keeping, selling or auctioning. And it’s a million little uncertainties like this that paralyze me. I have to think hard to determine if Eternal Earth are from Cataclysm or Wrath of the Lich King (Wrath, I determined). Frankly all my game knowledge, one expansion to the next, has kind of muddled together into a great big grey cloud that’s almost impossible to get really, useful, data out of.

I wandered around Stormwind for a little bit. I tried to seek help from a city guard but they didn’t seem to be able to point me in the right direction. I walked up to The Cathedral to say “hello” to my priestly trainers. They were very keen to scrub my mind clean but they didn’t seem to know anything about transmogrification.

Like a noob I did those Stormwind call ins on horseback… because I keep forgetting that you can fly inside a city these says. /sigh.

I didn’t really want to ask strangers (guild members or otherwise) where to go to begin the magic of transmogrification so I just skipped straight over and headed to the bank – AKA Cassandri’s Wardrobe – to try on a few outfits.

If I can wear anything, what do I want to wear?

The single most stupid decision that I have ever made in game, and I’ve made some doozies, was disenchanting my Shadow’s Embrace set in favour of extra bag space when I was level 71.

Thought process at the time: I’ll never need this again.

Stupid Cass! After finishing off The Insane at level 80 I planned to recraft the set for sentimental reasons.

But did I just think about doing it or did I actually do it? Well it turns out that I did a bit of both. Nearly all the materials were there in my bank bag – including 20 shadowcloth and 20 primal waters.

I spent Saturday night grinding some extra Primal Shadow on Void Ridge in Hellfire Pennisula. This was a job that I could comfortably do. I knew where to go. I even remembered the approximate drop rate of Mote of Shadow.

It didn’t pass my notice that I was, essentially, trying to live in the virtual past. I’m not proud of that. I should be jumping head first into Cataclysm content. At the very least I should have queued for a Cataclysm heroic while I grinded BC materials in a BC zone. Why didn’t I try and get a group to check out the Zul’Aman heroics? A part of me is interested to see if Harrison Jones still comes to open the doors and how else ZA has changed.

I didn’t even take my guild mate’s offer (since some people I knew had logged in as I was heading out of  Shattrath - and on that point I cannot remember which characters are Scryer and which are Aldor supporters – argh) to be summoned in to meet Ragnaros the New Raid Boss.

While I was grinding BC style I was confronted with the fact that I no longer know how to play Cassandri. I dithered over whether or not to Mind Sear. I remember reading something about it channeling off friendly targets. Did I also read something about it killing the mob you cast off?

My Shadowy Apparitions were bugging the hell out of me. I don’t want to think of the number of times I thought “what’s is that th?- oh that’s right”. My action keys were lighting up like a shopping center at Christmas time. Since when does a Shadow Priest proc so many other spells?! It’s quite Mage-like. Although, to be fair, perhaps it’s very Wrath Mage-like and Mages are something else altogether now.

To make a very long story short: I got my mats. I flew out to Shadowmoon Valley and crafted the last pieces of Shadowcloth (no cooldown on Shadowcloth creation now) and was soon enough in possession of all 3 pieces of Shadows Embrace. Bound to me on Equip.

Only to find out that the Transmogrification feature has only been announced by Blizzard. It’s not going to be implemented in game until some future, oh god let it be soon, patch.

Not to worry! Now I’ve got a bit of time to track down the matching belt and helm. And then I need to pick out, or find, some awesome looking staff. Because even though I’ve always preferred the dagger/mace+offhand combination, a staff certainly looks more impressive.

Would it be wrong to mix generations? Benediction (60) with Shadow’s Embrace (70)? Probably.

So… anyone for Magtheridon’s Lair? Epic cloth gloves LOCKED.

33 Responses to “Vanity and Yet Another Transmogrification Post”

1. TyashkiNo Gravatar says

Keep in mind, if you prefer dagger+ offhand you should find similar to transmogrify. Unfortunately you can’t transmogrify a staff into a dagger.

Hey, you’re back!

I was starting to wonder if you two had faded into the twilight, you know.

I wish I could tell you what to cast with your Shadow Priest, but I haven’t touched mine in at least 1.5 years.
    Redbeard’s last post: The Great Equalizer

Lath is highly distracted by babe but I’ve just not been keen to sit at my computer-in-a-kitchen these last few months. A whole bunch of things really collided to bring me back… although in what capacity I’m not sure yet.

• RedbeardNo Gravatar says

How bad is your basement? Still unlivable?
        Redbeard’s last post: Some Thursday Fun

It’s in the process of being repaired. That’s a big part of what’s brought me back to the game: the idea of having the space to sit down for long gaming sessions :)

• JanainaNo Gravatar says

Oh man I just had a freaky thgohut-what if Ben started dreaming like Bea did. How would she explain that!?!?!Ben: I had this wild dream with you in it last night!Bea: O.o?Ben: And you were with this older guy with blond hair and it was insane!Bea: O.O!Busted.

3. You have my permission to mix generations, as long as it is in the pursuit of awesome.

But might I suggest a crimson felt hat?

Well it would certainly be a nice tie towards our server name, Barthilas, if you’re thinking of the hat from Magistrate Barthilas in Stratholme. I’ll probably stick to something more grand and traditional though :D

4. VidyalaNo Gravatar says

Cass! It’s so good to hear from you. If you wanted to get back into the swing of WoW, I’m sure you could in no time. Honestly, the game changes so fast – I’ve felt that same way even just after missing a major patch. Ironically, the only two times I’ve gone on vacation in the past two years were right after a major patch. I’d login and have to ask, “Umm where is–? Why is–?” While my guildies had been playing post-patch for at least a week and all this fancy new stuff was old hat to them.

As far as living in the virtual past goes, you better believe all my sets will come from BC! Still my favourite expansion for content. I think Cass looks spectacular in that set. Seeing shadow priests in that gear again is going to make me so happy! :D
    Vidyala’s last post: Hoarders

I’m sure what I’m experiencing right now has been experienced by so so many … part of why I went on and on about it in the post.

5. WindsoarNo Gravatar says

I just wanted to stop in and /wave! It *has* been awhile :)

I think this kind of break is exactly why I’ve had so many main changes over the years. It’s frustrating to log into a character that you really love and has BEEN you only to discover you don’t know what the heck is going on!
    Windsoar’s last post: Random Musings: The UI, Guild Updates, Grinding & /wave

6. MinstrelNo Gravatar says

Nice post. I always enjoy posts where people take in the new transmogrification changes coming and meditate on what to use. I think the feature is going to be amazingly fun.

If I may inquire, what weapon are you wielding in the “Back in the day (level 70)” image? It looks quite spectacular.

Ha! They only look spectacular :) I think it’s my offhand that’s visible in the screenie:

Offhand: Orb of the Soul-Eater
    Dagger: Scryer’s Blade of Focus
    Cassandri’s last post: Transmogrification: Pants are Optional

8. projerseysNo Gravatar says

ou investigate it again thoroughly.See when you can check out the product or service manual and even check to verify it can url to the expenditure devices similar to TVs, VCRs, DIGITAL VIDEO DISC recorders, and so forth.These low cost hidden surveillance camera lenses might also have slimy residue in it, which may cause unwanted hues with the pictures.Furthermore, check the hidden camera will be easily joined and put in easily and wiou investigate it again thoroughly.See when you can check out the product or service manual and even check to verify it can url to the expenditure devices similar to TVs, VCRs, DIGITAL VIDEO DISC recorders, and so forth.These low cost hidden surveillance camera lenses might also have slimy residue in it, which may cause unwanted hues with the pictures.Furthermore, check the hidden camera will be easily joined and put in easily and within a hidden set.

Business needs to be even extra careful that will consumers like your story or AS I because such cheap covered spy cameras coming in at $100 or maybe less are certainly not suited just for continuous uses all of which break down instantly costing the proprietor even an abundance of funds to take the place of it which has a good an individual.

Hidden Video camera ‘Knock-Offs’ may possibly suit the buyer for to help you spying on their children, folk parents, nannies together with nurses for a short time of instance but a lot of these hidden video cameras will primarily last a few months.The older adage also applies possibly even for unknown video criminal cameras which you ‘get everything you pay for’.Then when long time period security surveillance important, we advise to pay the more money and find the more overpriced hidden camcorder system.

9. RomeoNo Gravatar says

Hi, all is going well here and ofcourse every one is sharing facts, that’s genuinely fine, keep up writing.

10. WinifredNo Gravatar says

Hey there I am so glad I found your blog, I really found you by error, while I was looking on Yahoo for something else, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a remarkable post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the excellent job.

11. AlyceNo Gravatar says

You can definitely see your expertise within the work you write. The sector hopes for even more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to say how they believe. At all times go after your heart.

12. ManualNo Gravatar says

Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It in reality was a entertainment account it. Glance complex to far brought agreeable from you! However, how can we keep in touch?

13. What’s Happening i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve found It positively useful and it has helped
    me out loads. I am hoping to give a contribution & aid different customers like
    its aided me. Great job.
    Mid Back Stretches Review’s last post: Mid Back Stretches Review

14. Keys can also be had as one of the bonuses for
    successfully inviting friends to play via Facebook or Game Center.
    As you progress further into the game, the trains start appearing closer
    together, so you have to time your swipes right to avoid getting
    hit by the trains. Over the process of introduction to my
    own colleagues two empty desks were explained to be empty as “Snapper must always be pumping.
    subwaysurferscheating.com’s last post: subwaysurferscheating.com

15. Hi there to all, how is everything, I think every one
    is getting more from this website, and your views are good in favor of new visitors.
    gry minecraft demo do pobrania za darmo’s last post: gry minecraft demo do pobrania za darmo

16. Hi to every body, it’s my first pay a visit of this weblog; this website
    consists of remarkable and actually excellent information in support of readers.

My homepage irobot roomba 770 review Batang padang
    irobot roomba 770 review Batang padang’s last post: irobot roomba 770 review Batang padang

17. Hi colleagues, good piece of writing and nice arguments commented at this place, I am
    actually enjoying by these.
    Astra Florists’s last post: Astra Florists

18. fifa 2015No Gravatar says

Buenos días. mi nombre es IsabelEncontré el blog por suerte y me ha gustado demasiado la estructura que tiene, así como los post desarrollados, me la apuntare en favoritos para tenerla a mano y así seguir de cerca todos los
    artículos que publiques dentro de un tiempo. Animo y a seguir adelante, que hace falta contenido de calidad que sirva a lectores
    como yo.

Visit my site; fifa 2015
    fifa 2015′s last post: fifa 2015

19. Hey there, I think your site might be having browser compatibility
    issues. When I look at your blog in Safari, it looks fine but when opening in Internet
    Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick
    heads up! Other then that, excellent blog!
    https://Www.Facebook.com/'s last post: https://Www.Facebook.com/

20. Situés au carrefour de l’A25 et de l’A16, nous vous proposons
    une pause confort et une situation idéale pour le travail comme
    pour la détente.

My web-site restaurant coxyde moules
    restaurant coxyde moules’s last post: restaurant coxyde moules

21. Actor and singer Patrick Bruel had been one among France’s biggest stars through the ’90s, first
    making his name as being a teen idol and leading
    an excellent return to traditional French chanson in the new millennium.
    Bruel was given birth Patrick Benguigui in Tlemcen, Algeria, on, may 14, 1959.
    His father abandoned the family unit when Patrick was merely a year old, in addition to 1962, after Algeria
    received its independence, his mother moved to France, deciding inside the Paris suburb of
    Argenteuil. An excellent soccer player in the youth, Patrick first decided upon the idea
    of being a singer having seen Michel Sardou perform in 75.

As good luck may have it, acting would bring him his first
    accomplishment; first-time movie director Alexandre Arcady ran an offer seeking a
    young man using a French-Algerian (or “pied-noir” in France slang) accent for his film Le Coup een Sirocco.
    Benguigui (as he was still called) responded and earned the part.
    The year, he spent a little while in Ny city, where he met Gérard Presgurvic, later to be his most important composer.

Source: http://www.amotionvideo.com/hello-world/
    new french household music’s last post: new french household music

22. StaciaNo Gravatar says

whoah this weblog is excellent i love reading your articles.

Stay up the good work! You already know, a lot of individuals are searching round for this information, you could aid them greatly.
    Stacia’s last post: Stacia

23. It’s actually a great and helpful piece of info. I’m satisfied that you shared
    this useful info with us. Please stay us up to date like this.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Facebook Hack’s last post: Facebook Hack

24. Good list, I also wanted to add Kuvicall.
    ribbonsribbons.blogspot.com’s last post: ribbonsribbons.blogspot.com

25. projerseysNo Gravatar says

There’s lots of reasons gems are damaged or lost, usually for the reason that of carelessness within the owner’s area.Insurance solutions agree the top reasons for the foreclosure of diamonds.Leaving the ring within the bathroom submerge or the bed of stained can cause the ring taking place the remove.There are also poorly built rings which might slip off whenever they want and anywhere.Some necklaces can get damaged as well as bad clasps that could break quite simply.There is as well opportunity for you to definitely steal an individual’s diamonds should you leave individuals lying hem, but in addition, they hold an expensive monetary worth.If a diamond is normally lost, weakened, or ripped off, how how can you get the application replaced? There isn’t way to replace the memories linked with a wedding but you can obtain another probably equal value using the right coverage.

There’s lots of reasons gems are damaged or lost, usually for the reason that of carelessness within the owner’s area.Insurance solutions agree the top reasons for the foreclosure of diamonds.Leaving the ring within the bathroom submerge or the bed of stained can cause the ring taking place the remove.There are also poorly built rings which might slip off whenever they want and anywhere.Some necklaces can get damaged as well as bad clasps that could break quite simply.There is as well opportunity for you to definitely steal an individual’s diamonds should you leave individuals lying out in the open or won’t keep these people locked up remember when you are using them.You could be careful just where you cover them so someone else doesn’t come with this and jettison the object you’re hiding individuals in.

Usually in the event of loss or possibly theft in your own home, a household owner’s insurance cover will cover the loss.But your not always at your home when undesirable things occur.If you have diamonds who’ve a top quality the great thing to do can be to insure all of them separately.The first thing you should do is to get them appraised utilizing a reputable appraiser.The appraiser can provide a license of value for taking to the insurance agency.Then your agent can figure out what the perfect policy is for your circumstances.

There are still different types of policies to generate.One is designed for the advertise value of the piece.This is almost always to replace your own piece meant for what it is worth at the moment it is certainly lost, not to your cost when ?t had been purchased.Having said that, you will have a policy intended to cover all the diamond for the predetermined valuation.This is after you and all the agent may well put a single value relating to the diamond, whichever the price or markets value is without a doubt when damaged or lost.Then there may be the policy which may cover any diamond for the amount it’s always valued at the moment the insurance coverage was got, this amount is not going to change whether or not the value of the diamond accelerates.

It is wise to find an insurer who understands the value of prized gems when you may buy coverage.It might take some research to search for the right one particular but as soon as you do it is easy to feel secure that the investment is definitely safe.

26. lementjessNo Gravatar says

These days you’ll find designer perfumes just about anyplace that put up for sale cosmetics which include pharmacies and the malls.This is needless to say safe for people fragrant buffs because a lot of these stores have maintain with level of competition allowing us every single child buy our absolute favorite bottle involving Chanel or even Estee Lauder or simply Calvin Klein anas opposed to a less expensive soapy smelling scent.And Me believe if you think good consequently that results in how you experience about other people.

These days you’ll find designer perfumes just about anyplace that put up for sale cosmetics which include pharmacies and the malls.This is needless to say safe for people fragrant buffs because a lot of these stores have maintain with level of competition allowing us every single child buy our absolute favorite bottle involving Chanel or even Estee Lauder or simply Calvin Klein and similar matters at more competitive prices.A great idea is to seek around and even compare prices prior to deciding to buy.

You may also shop on the net if the takes any fancy.Often it is possible to discover amazing bargains like this.Obviously you won’t have the particular pleasure for obtaining ones own product there then, as you’ll have to wait for doing this to get shipped to your.There is something different you have to be aware involving when shopping like this and that is exactly make sure are unable to get charged an excess of for transport.Many people think that they’re getting a thing cheap and through time they pay money for shipping it sports cost the identical or more to your product as compared with buying the idea locally.

Buying in this way does allow it to hard if you don’t know much with regards to the perfume you will be ordering when you cannot smell an example beforehand.But once you know what you need so you have done your research regarding deals then do it.This method shopping are certainly helpful if you don’t live all over shops.