In Disguise

Cassandri in Disguise

Cassandri in disguise as a Female Human

Even though I don’t usually participate in the holiday achievements I decided to go for The Hallowed title this year. I always wanted that title and the Dungeon Finder makes it much, much less painful for Alliance.

In my quest for both a Sinister Squashling and a Hallowed Helm, neither of which would drop for me from the Headless Horseman daily kill, I got into the habit of Trick or Treat-ing Isirami, the A Hero’s Welcome Innkeeper in Dalaran, every hour.

At first I started throwing away the Flimsy Masks in my Treat Bag. Then I started to get into the spirit of the holiday. I’m particular fond of wearing the Flimsy Human Female mask. Yes, even though I play a Female Human. I’m still in disguise!

Well I think it’s funny. If I only had an Orb of the Sin’dorei. Then I could be a Human pretending to be a Blood Elf pretending to be a Human.

To make the most of my mask I’ve dyed my hair blonde (only in World of Warcraft can you go from Black to Blonde in one session at the hairdressers) and have taken to wandering Dalaran out of Shadowform. Wearing the title ‘The Hallowed” of course.

In the lead up to Cataclysm I’ve been rethinking the imagery on our guild website. For this expansion The Lich King and his evil eyes have greeted visitors and guild members when they come to our site. I like it – I think it’s inspiring to see your kill target right there when you log in to discuss strategy or post that you’re going to be away for a night or two. After all, the guild exists to take its members to the darkest dungeons and the evil bosses waiting for us there.

But now that we’ve well and truly killed of The Lich King I think it’s time to put a new goal up there on the banner. Deathwing? We all presume that he’ll be the last boss of the expansion, or at least, the major boss (kind of like Illidan was considered the major bad guy in The Burning Crusade, even though Sunwell was released afterwards and had more difficult encounters).

So I mocked up a banner featuring Deathwing, a big black dragon, perched on a mountain top. It’s an image that you’ve probably seen about a hundred times by now.

Deathwing from the Cataclysm Cinematic

Deathwing from the Cataclysm Cinematic

I’m not sure I love it. The predominantly red colouring makes me think Horde and we are an Alliance guild. I started looking at other wallpapers and artwork for Cataclysm and came across this stunning piece of work, titled Deathwing Approaches:

Deathwing Approaches by darklogik

Deathwing Approaches by darklogik

The artist (he goes by the name Darklogik) has imagined what Deathwing, leader of the Black Dragonflight, might look like when he takes human form.

I don’t know why but I hadn’t thought much about Deathwing taking on a human disguise during the Cataclysm expansion. I think I just pictured him as a Black dragony version of Sindragosa, or Malygos even, who would fly down from wherever to be killed when we were good and ready.

Korialstrasz, Alexstraeza’s consort, masquerades as an elf* and sits on the ruling council in Dalaran. Onyxia once took the form of a human, Lady Prestor, and became one of Stormwind’s councilors while the King was out of the picture *cough*. She wasn’t ousted from the throne room until quite recently in World of Warcraft when Wrath of the Lich King was released.

Deathwing has also been known to take human form. In Day of the Dragon (definitely worth reading in the lead up to Cataclysm if you haven’t already) he tried to take control of the human kingdoms under the guise of Daval Prestor.

Will we see Deathwing as a Human in Cataclysm? Perhaps. I hope so. I hope he doesn’t strut around like the Lich King did in WotLK – taunting us during the additional questing levels, but never actually killing us.

I hope Deathwing is a bit more devious than that. If he’s going to meddle and taunt us during questing, dungeons and early raids I hope he does so incognito. Then we can have the mysterious reveal right at the last moment when he takes dragon form!

Oh, that guy was Deathwing?

____

* I say “elf” because I can only guess that when Krasus snuck into Dalaran and worked up the ranks as a Mage he pretended to either be a night elf or a human. Since the city (part of the Alliance) had no idea Blood Elves existed at the time. And Night Elves were known, but a bit of a rarity I think. In Day of the Dragon nobody, not even Rhonin, seems to be able to see him clearly. So perhaps he always was tanned and blonde like the Blood Elves are now in-game and when he showed up in Dalaran everyone just thought he was a strange looking Night Elf. Or perhaps he can take on any form and now takes on the look of a Blood Elf by choice?

22 Responses to “In Disguise”

Speaking of disguise, have you been enjoying the cultists today?
    Redbeard’s last post: A Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

2. BeruthielNo Gravatar says

We put Deathwing up on ours :)

We have a graphic artist in our guild who has taken over all of the web pretties for me! We did a troll theme with the saving Echo Isles patch, and we put up Deathwing with 4.0.1. I think that he found some new concept art that he really likes, though, so it may be changing again….

However, feel free to pop over and take a peek at it!

3. VokNo Gravatar says

That second piece is some awesome art. Saved for future use =D
    Vok’s last post: Weee!

4. logtarNo Gravatar says

That is a very interesting concept, I will be on the lookout now… wonder if it will be just some random NPC or not. Awesome job by the artist too.
    logtar’s last post: Blizzcon 2010

5. TyphusNo Gravatar says

Yeah Cass we do see deathwing in Human form. Theres a funny little low level quest in Badlands where u reenact a dwarf running upto to deathwing and punching him in the face. Here you do see him in human form and he does look just like that too

6. What can I say. I do like the sight of Gold, specially gold coins such as Mexican Gold Libertad but also Australian Lunar goldcoins espcecially Snake coin and dont forget Canadas Maple Leaf gold coins and Gold Nugget from Australia

7. LorenoNo Gravatar says

If I remember correct from one of the books, Korialstrasz is a High Elf in his “human” form. Blood Elves are former High Elves.

8. BolinkNo Gravatar says

Really like the Deathwing drawing…very slick! That, in my very humble opinion takes some real talent to put together…thanks for the share!
    Bolink’s last post: Speed running the Nexus

9. Thanks a lot for sharing this with all people you really recognize what you’re talking approximately! Bookmarked. Please additionally talk over with my website =). We could have a link change contract between us
    mega-mind.net , , Dien Dan,Forums,Blog,CMS,php,cgi,asp,software,serial,hardware,game,games,choi game,Thuong mai dien tu, hoc tap, mua ban, download,choi nhac, xem phim, dien anh,cac van de khac,nokia,hp.vaio,iphone,ipad,itune,gmail,yahoo,chat,crack,an nic’s last post: 1

10. Thank you for some other informative website. Where else may just I get that kind of info written in such an ideal way? I have a challenge that I am simply now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such info.

11. A person necessarily help to make seriously articles I might state. That is the first time I frequented your web page and so far? I surprised with the research you made to create this particular submit amazing. Magnificent activity!

12. Wow that was odd. I just wrote an very long comment but after I clicked
    submit my comment didn’t appear. Grrrr…
    well I’m not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say excellent blog!
    Dien dan nailpak’s last post: Dien dan nailpak

13. It has the that you examine my thoughts! You gaze to learn a great deal of about this, as you composed the hem ebook there or something like that. I’m for you to could employ a number of percentage in order to electrical power the message property a bit, even so as opposed to which, this is fantastic site. An excellent study. I’m going to certainly return.

14. UyetakeNo Gravatar says

I really don’t even know generate an income discontinued in place in this article, nevertheless i considered the following release once were excellent. I wouldn’t realize your identiity and surely you’ll the well-known digg if you ever usually are not previously. Kind regards!

15. Fantastic whip! I must trainee whilst you fix your blog, how can i sign up for the web site site? Your account reduced the problem a new suitable option. I used to be tiny bit acquainted on this your transmitted available vibrant clear principle

16. I’m going to straight away knowledge your own rss while i cannot find your e-mail request weblink or even e-newsletter services. Are you experiencing any? I implore you to let my family recognize to make sure that I could sign up. Appreciate it.

17. Remarkable things the following. We are pretty happy to talk to your report. Cheers and i am looking ahead to get hold of anyone. Are you going to please decline me a email?

18. Appreciate it a great deal with regard to sharing this wonderful consumers you really really know what you will be discussing! Bookmarked. You need to also visit our website Is equal to). We can use a link switch plan among us

19. Truly no matter if someone doesn’t understand then its
    up to other users that they will assist, so
    here it takes place.
    dang tin quang cao’s last post: dang tin quang cao

20. phimmahaiNo Gravatar says

I became suggested this website by means of my cousin. My business is do not specified whether or not this informative article can be compiled by your pet because nobody else understand these kinds of in depth regarding the difficulty. You will be remarkable! Appreciate it!

21. Le traitement m classique des troubles anxieux (avec certaines sp selon qu s de l ou l des six types) consiste en une combinaison de m et de psychoth ce qui concerne la m les m disposent de deux lignes d face aux probl anxieux. Pour le court terme (soulager les sympt d crise aigu on prescrit des anxiolytiques (des tranquillisants). Pour le moyen terme, pendant que la personne rassemble ses moyens et suit une th par exemple, on prescrit des antid Il en existe plusieurs types, les plus fr prescrits pour les troubles anxieux sont les IRS (inhibiteurs de la recapture de la s dont le Prozac est l le plus c Il arrive, notamment dans les cas de troubles paniques, que des personnes prennent des antid toute leur vie.锘縊u sont elles les mamans de septembre 2014

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Velidra, Lathere & Cassandri. Lathere & Cassandri said: New blog post: In Disguise http://dlvr.it/7tt4J Enjoy! [...]