Gearing Up Your Sapling

Teldrassil Sapling: Summon your brand new level 80 Restoration Druid

Teldrassil Sapling: Summon your brand new level 80 Restoration Druid and gear them!

I don’t talk about her very often but I have a sapling – a fresh level 80 Restoration Druid – called Restori. Yes, I have two Restoration Druids. Restori currently resides on Nagrand and she’s a big Tauren.

I’ve found myself starting to focus on how to best gear up Restori without raiding (well not much) so that when I’ve got the spare time in the future I’ll be able to PUG the occasional raid for pure fun.

Gearing as a Casual

The best way to gear her is by running heroics. While doing this research I couldn’t stop thinking that this is quite a time consuming and painful way to go about gearing.

I’m sure that joining a guild that runs 10 mans twice a week gearing up would actually be easier. If you have a playing schedule that allows you to join a 10 man raiding guild I strongly recommend you consider that path.

Saplings and Haste

When I first went back to Restori last week I had a grand total of 88 Haste. Those first couple of heroics were painful. While the haste cap isn’t a strict requirement for 5 man dungeons I’ve been spoiled playing Lathere. I’m working and gemming to reach at least 735 Haste and I’ll use a build that talents into Celestial Focus.

What to buy first?

While there are some nice items in heroics, the majority of really good pieces available to baby trees come from Emblems and crafted gear. Restori has very limited gold at her disposal so most of her gear is going to come from Emblems.

I’ve included a list of the best pieces available below so you can make up your own mind how to best gear your sapling but if you want to do the majority of gearing via Heroics this is the order of how I’m spending my Emblems of Triumph and Emblems of Frost.

Note: Don’t follow this as gospel – shuffle it around a little based on what you pick up while doing random heroics. There is no point upgrading the Shoulders first for instance if you have a good ilvl 200 Blue piece yet your wearing a terrible pair of green gloves.

Triumph Order
1. Volde’s Cloak of the Night Sky 50
2. Purified Lunar Dust 60
3. Circle of Ossus 60
4. Lasherweave Gauntlets 60
5. Lasherweave Legplates 95
Total 265

If the average Heroic gives you 5 Emblems of Triumph you are looking at 66 heroics to get all those pieces.

To get the first 3 Frost pieces (the last 2 are just wishful upgrades) it will take 9 weeks if you stick to doing the daily heroic and weekly raid each week.

The Big Picture

The set I’m aiming for with Restori can be seen here along with my talents, gems and enchants: “Best in slot” Restoration Druid Gear without Raiding.

If you have plenty of cash available and want to inject this into your Sapling there are some great crafted and Bind on Equip epics you can pick up from the Auction House.  On Barthilas these items cost approximately 15000g each so unless you are at gold cap I would suggest making sure that a resto druid is what you like playing before splurging!  This list can be seen along with a different talent build and gems can be found here.

The Gear List

I’ve tried to keep the number of options limited. Basically if there are two ilevel 245 pieces that can both be bought for Emblems of Triumph I’ve only listed here the better itemised of the two. This is the same for crafted gear.

Sometimes the cloth pieces are better than the leather so while there is nothing wrong with choosing the leather piece, I am only listing the item that has the best itemisation for a tree.

* There are a couple of fantastic items in here that drop from easily pugged raids. Feel free to ignore them and go straight to better options. Or use this list to compare those items to others available in that slot.

Head
Idol of Flaring Growth
245
25 Emblem of Triumph
Idol of Lush Moss
200
15 Emblem of Heroism

26 Responses to “Gearing Up Your Sapling”

1. AnalogueNo Gravatar says

I really recommend running the top end instances – TOC, FOS, POS, HOR – on regular a few times, getting some nice solid drops, and then queueing for them on heroic. It will make the grind a lot less painful to have some solid pieces in slots that hold quest greens. Make the Idol of Flaring Growth your first Triumph badge priority, ignore the Frost idol until you’ve got everything else you want with frosts.

FYI I think they nerfed the drop rate on the Ghostly Wristwraps. I saw them drop three times the first day I ran PoS and since then I’ve seen them drop twice. Go for the crafted ones if you can afford it.

The Circle of Ossus was my second Frost priority and I’m skipping the trinket for now (went for my two set bonus instead). That’s a personal choice but I have a half dozen trinkets I’ve picked up places that I swap in and out depending on the fight. (Pst: you’ve got the Abyssal Rune trinket in your trinkets list, is that right? Are you listing it because of the haste? I think there were a few times I put that one on for the haste so I wouldn’t blame you…)
    .-= Analogue’s last blog: Gearing Up is Easy =-.

2. BriNo Gravatar says

I guess I’m a bit confused on the gear list, as you’ve listed several items that drop in raid instances, yet stated you were gearing up without raiding, but maybe I misunderstood. I have a resto druid that’s never raided, and likely never will due to my playstyle, so your post is of extreme interest to me.

I wanted to mention another source for a good starter weapon is the Argent Tournament. The Dagger of Lunar Purity http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45078 (or the Horde equivalent) is a great starter main-hand for resto druids and a bargain at only 25 Champion’s Seals. The Iron-bound Tome http://www.wowhead.com/?item=38322 is a crafted off-hand, but not an expensive one,and while it doesn’t have the spirit and intellect of the other offhands, it does offer a generous amount more spellpower. Since resto druids are so mana-efficient, it’s my opinion it’s worth the trade-off.
    .-= Bri’s last blog: The "Whoa" Moment =-.

I think Lathere has put in a few really “standout” pieces from the easy to pug raids (like Naxx). I’ll go through and asterisk them so you can ignore them. Fortunately none of them are the most desirable item listed :)

• LathereNo Gravatar says

I’m a raider at heart so even in the midst of dungeoning with crappy gear I’m always on the look out for a PUG VOA, TOC or anything I think I can get away with!

I’ve tried to add some of these items in just because quite a few casuals are willing to give the odd PUG raid a show and some of the items are worthwhile and not worth overlooking as alternative options.

3. ArgonNo Gravatar says

I’d advise running regular ToC for a little bit first before you start grinding heroics. Getting a few 200 epics from there to replace your awful leveling gear will help a lot when you hit heroics.

4. UeshibaNo Gravatar says

Awesome… I’m just about to hit 80 on my resto druid and I’ve been dying to find a good gearing guide for “fresh 80s.” One quick question though; Runetotem’s Vestments of Conquest under your Triumph list… isn’t that a boomkin piece? Was this on purpose for some reason?

• LathereNo Gravatar says

Yep that was a mistake – I’ve corrected the list and linked the Restoration item instead.

5. UeshibaNo Gravatar says

Okay, I swear I’m not trying to spam here =) But… on a previous post of yours (Patch 3.3 Resto Druid Gear for the Casual…), I noticed a couple differences in items. I would love you get your input on why. Specifically, for wrists, I see you’ve listed the Wizard’s Bracers here and Moonshadow Armguards there. Also, for legs, you’ve listed Woven Death here, and Unleashed Legwraps there. The difference I primarily see is between haste vs. crit.

This leads to my primary question. I’m going to primarily spend my time in heroics as a healer. I don’t have the time to raid (10 or 25 man), and I have plenty of spouse aggro to ensure that =). Once in a blue moon I may step into my guild’s 10-man runs if they need a healer. My goal is really to get the best possible gear I can prior to Cataclysm by grinding heroics and spending gold on BoEs/crafted. Which of these gear lists should I focus on, and how can I resolve the discrepancies I’ve pointed out above?

Thank you so much!

• LathNo Gravatar says

With the 3.3 Raiding guides I only included leather items because quite a few raiding guilds including my own don’t allow restos to roll on cloth items over priests and other clothies. I have found as a casual player doing 5 mans and PUGs people need on anything that is actually an upgrade for them so I loosened the search terms and included cloth items.

One of the other links I want to post is a Profile for people who have a fair bit of gold to throw into gearing. There are some great Bind on Equip epics that if you have cash lying around will make a huge difference – definitely better than the pieces I can afford.

6. JaediaNo Gravatar says

Excellent post! Will bookmark this for later on, if I ever bother to level Kensa, she’s still at 68.
    .-= Jaedia’s last blog: Dragons and Pilla’s =-.

7. LathNo Gravatar says

OK I’m sorry I didn’t realise that Cass was going to post this article! I hadn’t finished going through it to make sure all the item links worked correctly and made sure I was 100% happy with the items I was going for. Last night for example I already changed to my mind on the chest and decided to fork out for the Merlin’s Robe instead of going for the badge list.

I’ve updated and added the extra things I wanted to talk about now :)

8. GravityNo Gravatar says

Thank you so much for this list, it’s exactly what I needed for my own druid. I found using Rawr/wowhead and other tools effective, but had trouble with stat weight choices and it doesn’t conveniently organise them into a page I can bookmark.

9. LenNo Gravatar says

I realise I’m a little late to this post but it’s been very useful in gearing up my resto druid :)

Anyway I just wanted your thoughts on a specific problem I’m having – when to break my 4 piece T9. When I do raid its 10 mans only (and not that often) so I don’t have access to the higher level or heroic versions of the T9 or vast amounts of T10. I was lucky enough to get the T10 legs from VoA last night but am really stuck on when it’s worth breaking T9. Half the problem seems to be the amount of crit rather than haste on the T9… I mean there’s crit on 3/4 of the non-leg pieces!

Any thoughts?

• LathereNo Gravatar says

I know a lot of druids chose to keep 4 piece tier 9 until they had 4 pieces of tier 10 to exchange it with. To be honest I’m not too sure if the 4 piece tier 10 bonus is even that great for 10 man raiders – I rarely see my rejuvenation jump and it gets overwritten by one of the other trees in my guild most of the time anyway and that’s in 25 mans. Keeping rejuv on 10 players isn’t too hard as it is, so will the jump benefit you a great deal?

I swapped out to 2 pieces of tier 10 – the shoulders and gloves when I had the badges and I didn’t feel like I lost out at all. It certainly wasn’t anywhere near as bad as switching out my tier 8 while still picking up tier 9!

If you can save enough frost emblems for your 2nd piece of tier 10 I think that would be a big upgrade from your current 232 items. If haste is a problem then upgrade the gloves (30 badges) as the tier 10 legs and hands are the 2 haste pieces. You can then use emblems of triumph to get the Helm of Abundant Growth & Mantle of Revered Mortality which are 245 items and also have a heap more haste and spell power on them.

Going from 4 pieces of 232 tier 9 to 2 pieces of 251 tier 10 (with wild growth bonus) + 2 pieces of 245 will definitely give you greater bang for your buck then the 4 piece tier 9 bonus!

10. UeshibaNo Gravatar says

Quick follow up question – are these pieces rank ordered from best to worst in this list? Some of the stats on same-slot pieces are quite comparable, and I was just wondering how or why they were ordered as you have them. For example, through running heroics, I’ve accumulated all 3 of the neckies you have listed and I’m stuck on which one to equip =)

Thanks!

• LathereNo Gravatar says

The data is pulled from Loot Rank – so it is ranked from best to worst, though all options provided are still meant to be tasty. I agree – the neck pieces are definitely all very comparable – in fact I actually choose to wear Arcane Loops of Anger (ranked 3rd) at the moment because I really want the extra haste and MP5 hasn’t been too big an issue for me :)

11. AiidaNo Gravatar says

Like others I’m a bit late on this (well a lot late), but this is bookmarked and what I refer to when I have enough emblems to purchase something. Thanks for putting this up. I’m still gearing, but I hope to get into a 10 man raid in the not so distant future. Right now random heroics are boring to heal and I’m not that well geared..I think!

12. Extremely interesting details!Perfect just what I was looking for!

13. PhillippNo Gravatar says

Hello every one, here every one is sharing such experience, so it’s nice to read this blog, and I used to pay
    a quick visit this webpage all the time.
    Phillipp’s last post: Phillipp

14. krnjbzbaNo Gravatar says

Oui parce qu’il y justement un mélange d’efficacité et de beauté, de technique et d’élégance qui est exceptionnel. Il faut avouer que les voitures qui atteignent des prix comparables au prix des très grandes uvres d’art puisque certaines Ferrari les 250 GTO atteignent 25 millions nike blazer pas cher france d’euros, c’est le prix des uvres d’art parmi les plus chères. Ce qui est tout à fait comparable sur le marché de l’art à ce qu’on peut trouver, peut être pas à ce qu’il y a de plus cher dans l’art, parce que nike blazer taille petit ou grand certains Giacometti atteignent des prix encore plus élevés mais c’est plus cher qu’un Jeff Koons et je pense que c’est lié au fait que la beauté de ces voitures a fini par s’imposer comme relevant à proprement parler non pas de l’artisanat mais de l’art proprement dit.Entre eux, ce fut une nike blazer femme edition limitée grande histoire d et une grande incompr regrette l Nathalie Rheims, compagne des dix derni ann de Claude Berri. Contrairement son jeune demi fr Darius, doctorant en philosophie, Thomas n pas revenir rue de Lille dans l particulier familial o rien n chang ni l des d ni les placards, toujours pleins des affaires du p L est sensible, il se prot Mais souvent, tard le soir, nike blazer taille petit ou grand il appelle Nathalie Rheims pour parler de la vie, et de Claude Berri.Des bo bac en bo de nuitLongtemps, blazer nike pas cher p et fils n communiqu qu travers leurs parties d Le r de Tchao Pantin n jamais trop su comment aborder son second, ce petit brun turbulent et fut toujours pendu aux jupes de sa m Anne Marie Rassam, la belle Libanaise aux yeux pers, comblait les absences d mari absorb nuit et jour dans le cin comme ses fr Jean nike blazer mid homme pas cher Pierre le l producteur de Godard, Bresson, Polanski et Paul, l au grand c qui distribua en Europe Milos Forman, Michael Cimino, Steven Soderbergh, Francis Ford Coppola et aujourd Sofia. Dans cette tribu l la vie tout enti un film o d pour un cocktail ou un d Romy, Delon, Coluche, Deneuve, Gainsbourg, Depardieu Thomas se gavait, combl dans les bras de sa m jusqu ce que la maniacod la rende absente, elle m et aux autres. [url=http://www.hacienda-bidart.com/nikeblazers.php]nike blazers[/url] Peter Ridsdale annonce ce mardi que son club, Cardiff City, dont il est nike blazer femme noir pas cher le président, est sous la menace de faillite. Le club gallois est suspendu à la décision de la justice concernant sa demande de report de ses dettes. Langston, principal créancier du club réclame le paiement immédiat de 36 millions d Une créance payable en 2016 selon le club gallois.
    Jamais plus jamais). C’était Pif gadget, Auto Moto, Ushuaïa. N’importe quoi. C’est incontestable : la crise financière a affecté le paysage des fonds d’investissement. Au point d’obliger les entreprises en quête de fonds propres à composer avec une population changeante, tant dans ses pratiques que dans sa composition. Pourtant, les dernières statistiques diffusées se veulent rassurantes.Yannis a disparu le 2 mai 1989, vers 10h00 à GANAGOBIE (04), à proximité de l de ses parents. Jeune garçon de 1m10, corpulence moyenne, yeux marron, cheveux châtain clair, courts. Vêtu d blouson aviateur kaki avec un col en fourrure marron, d survêtement de couleur rouge foncé : veste portant sur le côté gauche nike blazer violet pas cher un nounours en flocage, d hauteur de 5 centimètres environ, couleur gris bleu avec au dessus l ” nounours “, pantalon se terminant aux chevilles par un système élastique, d sous pull en coton blanc, chaussettes en laine blanche, chaussures en cuir nike blazer mid suede vintage pas cher gris clair sur le dessus et gris foncé sur le pourtour.. [url=http://www.projetec.eu/timberlandpaschere/]timberland[/url] Volkswagen a prévu d’en fabriquer une première série de cinquante qu’elle louera exclusivement à des clients allemands, de façon à assurer directement le service après vente. Il faut donc voir la XL1 comme une vitrine du savoir faire technologique de la marque. Certains organes de ce laboratoire roulant seront cependant repris sur des modèles de grande série.
    Car ne faisons pas la fine bouche Disparaître, roman sur la dernière semaine du célèbre officier britannique, hospitalisé à Bovington, dans le Dorset, est des plus distrayant. Le nike blazer taille petit ou grand procédé est habile et bien ficelé: les témoignages de tous les protagonistes, y compris celui du tombeur d’Aqaba, alors dans le coma, se succèdent du lundi 13 mai 1935, date de l’accident de moto de Lawrence, au dimanche 21 mai. Technique narrative qui permet de plonger dans la vie tumultueuse (1888 1935) du maître de la révolte arabe contre les Turcs.. [url=http://www.st-peray.com/nike-roshe-run.htm]nike roshe run homme[/url] Nous choisissons d’aller dans un (très) grand magasin où toutes les marques sont réunies, au moins nous avons le choix. Moi, je veux quelque chose de simple, de rose, en tissus organic, made in chez nous, et . Oh mon Dieu, comme c’est mignon! Sous mes yeux s’étend l’empire du mini mimi, des grandes marques taille nouveau né.Vous faites dormir BOB pendant 2 ou 3 nuits à côté du mur (ou du plafond ou du plancher) mitoyen avec votre voisin, histoire qu profite bien du bruit. Bien entendu, vous le laissez enfermé dans une petite cage, histoire qu soit bien énervé. Attention, ne pas le laisser trop longtemps dans la cage, afin d le suicide de la pauvre bête..
    Lorsqu’ils débarquent à la Samaritaine, il y a basket nike blazer homme pas cher deux ans et demi, Philippe de Beauvoir, dans le rôle du PDG, et Bruno Villeneuve, son directeur général, découvrent un magasin aux allures de ” mouroir “, selon le mot cruel d’un vendeur. La clientèle, de proximité pour l’essentiel, a vieilli comme le magasin. ” C’était une maison à la dérive, avec trente ans de retard dans son positionnement “, glisse un proche de la direction.Une partie pratique sera ensuite consacrée aux retours d’expérience d’un grand chaussure nike blazer pas cher femme groupe sur sa stratégie développement durable QHSE. Plus de 300 groupes mondiaux et 300 000 utilisateurs utilisent les solutions nike blazer pas cher france Enablon pour mesurer et piloter leur performance environnementale et sociale, nike blazer homme noir pas cher assurer leur conformité réglementaire, maîtriser leurs risques et réduire leurs coûts. Enablon offre des solutions logicielles et SaaS et Wizness, la plateforme collaborative pour les professionnels du développement durable. [url=http://www.oeufs-liot.fr/actualite/air-max-pas-chere/]air max pas chere[/url] Niché dans le charmant et très recherché quartier des Praz, au pied des Drus, un luxueux chalet de 360 m2 sur trois niveaux en location à la semaine. Ce chalet neuf propose de superbes prestations pour vos vacances. Il est composé de 5 chambres en suite, d’un sauna et d’un jacuzzi.” Je ne cherche pas à choquer ni à me faire remarquer “, livre Bertrand Burgalat l’anachronique, qui se place volontairement en marge du ” bon goût ” une ” notion dangereuse “. Quand Serge Girardi ou Olivier Saillard épurent leur style à mesure qu’ils mûrissent (” la discrétion est le summum de l’élégance “, confie ce dernier), le dj et musicien Nicolas nike blazer cuir femme pas cher Ullmann fait de sa vie une scène de théâtre, où le déguisement est perpétuel. Confessions de quatre personnalités raffinées, sous forme d’un questionnaire de Proust sur l’allure masculine..
    L’exemple le plus frappant des relations ambiguës entre cataphiles et policiers est celui du commandant Sarrate. Un culte lui est voué et Hount m’en nike blazer vintage pas cher homme parle comme d’unflic réellement intelligentqui tenait des fiches de réseaux entre cataphiles, pour éviter de mobiliser 180 personnes à chaque signalement. Il descendait, parait il, en dehors de ses heures de service, juste pour le plaisir.Mon pied est beaucoup trop troit.Je fais quoi dans ce cas Le vendeur a fait une recherche, m me sur commande, le mod le Nimbus en version femme n’existe pas dans la taille. Pire, il me dit que Asics fait des chaussures troites, donc dans les autres marques, ce sera encore nike blazer mid pas cher plus large.Je suis d sesp r nike blazer bleu pas cher e.Saucony Triumpf 5, pointure 44 : Tr s sympa et je suis mieux tenue l’avant du pied. [url=http://www.euroslot-architecture.com/roshe-run/]nike roshe run femme pas cher[/url] Plus tard, j découvert Scott Fitzgerald. Ses phrases ciselées m transperçée. Avec lui j pénétré le monde cruel des très riches. Le Corps mutil n pas source de regret. Le Corps fait partie des distinctions langagi oublier. Nous avons donc vu une partie des images dao du Corps, les images nike blazer edition limitée foot locker de la difformit et de l et nike blazer mid vintage pas cher nous avons vu que ce Corps est pens au moins en partie s de l En fait, il faudrait un bien pauvre philosophe pour ne pas capable de faire la distinction entre le Corps et l si le sens commun en est capable[36].

15. And always make sure it’s 100% organic (some companies
    load their superfood up with Niacin and other non-organic components — go for the organic green superfood and
    avoid the Niacin hangover). If you choose diet shakes, be careful to choose those
    containing more fiber with less sugar. In a 2006 research
    study, it was discovered that reading and math
    skills were a stumbling block to deciphering the confusing labels on many foods.

Visit my web-site :: Athletic Greens company website
    Athletic Greens company website’s last post: Athletic Greens company website

16. I am really thankful to the holder of this web site who
    has shared this enormous paragraph at at this time.
    Bedemand Gørlev’s last post: Bedemand Gørlev

17. I like the valuable information you provide in your articles.

I will bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently.
    I am quite certain I’ll learn plenty of new stuff right here!

Best of luck for the next!
    Høng bedemand’s last post: Høng bedemand

18. domainNo Gravatar says

I was wondering if you ever considered changing the layout of your website?

Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
    But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so
    people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful
    lot of text for only having one or two images. Maybe you could space
    it out better?
    domain’s last post: domain

19. TristanNo Gravatar says

Wow! At last I got a blog from where I know how to truly get helpful information regarding my study
    and knowledge.
    Tristan’s last post: Tristan

20. This is a good tip especially to those new to the blogosphere.
    Short but very precise info… Thanks for sharing this
    one. A must read article!
    Ruds vedby bedemand’s last post: Ruds vedby bedemand

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Lathere & Cassandri. Lathere & Cassandri said: New blog post: Gearing Up Your Sapling http://dlvr.it/MBQq Enjoy! [...]

2. [...] finally ready to start working on the blog, and I have been intrigued for a couple of weeks by the Gearing Up Your Sapling post from HoTs & DoTs, I thought I would start with that.I just happen to have a brand new [...]

3. [...] favourite blogs (and the one I use for my gear list now), HoTs and DoTs have also done a guide for gearing up a fresh 80 resto [...]