You use the Dungeon Finder and are dropped into a random group. After you say “hello” in party chat, type this sentence word for word:
“Let me know when you’re ready, *insert character name*, and I’ll start pulling.”
That’s it. I don’t care if you can’t hold agro. I don’t care if you do the bosses in some weird order that means we double back three times. I don’t care if you let a mob beat on your back or gnaw at your ankles. I don’t care if you don’t interrupt Shadow Blast or even if you let me get Shadow Blast-ed because you have zero threat on the Spellflinger anyway.
I will stay, I will stick it out because now I want to heal you. If you acknowledge that I’m a real person, with a real name and an equally essential part of this trinity and call me by name (Cassandri, not “healer”) I will do everything in my power to keep you alive.
Even if it takes 1 or 2 hours and you’ve never been to Oculus before. I’m serious, I have your back.
How to make me, your healer, hate you:
- If you call me “healer” or “Priest” instead of using my character name
- If you pull (or even better, charge) when I am drinking or 50 yards back because I’m trying to loot some bodies from the last pull
- If you pull when I say “wait” or “mana”
Signs that your Discipline healer may not be ready:
- One of the party members, or all of the party members are not between 80-100% health
- They have not cast Power Word: Shield on you
- They have less than 20% mana
- They are drinking
- They have not yet buffed – not even Fortitude
- They said “wait”, “hold up”, “2 ticks” etc
If you don’t care about me, why should I care about you?
So many tanks complain about DPS running in and pulling mobs for them. You’re not ready to tank and it throws off your whole rotation/plan, right?
How is it any different when you, as the tank, run in and start a fight when your healer has next to no resources (mana)? Not only do we need to change our own “rotation”/plan to something incredibily mana efficient, or blow an in-combat, mana-regen cooldown (that most of us like to keep for actual in combat oom situations) but chances are if you didn’t wait for us to drink at the start, you’re not going to wait for us to drink for the next 20 minutes either.
Give me a fresh tank who respects their healer over a geared one who doesn’t any day.
Cassandri prays for respect and a change in Dungeon Finder etiquette