Patch 3.3 Resto Druid Gear Guide
For the 25 Man Raider

The best gear for Restoration Druids from Icecrown Citadel (25)

The best gear for Restoration Druids from Icecrown Citadel (25)

This gear guide is a follow up from my Patch 3.3 Gear Guide for the Casual/10 Man Raider. The guide is focused on raiders who have access to 25 man content through their guild. I’ve included 5-6 options for each slot to ensure that there is both heroic and non heroic items available for those raiders who don’t progress through 25 man heroic content.

The second wing of Icecrown Citadel – to be released this week – includes some really juicy drops for Restoration Druids like:

Notes

• All options included here are leather armor and from normal and heroic difficulty modes. I also include heroic 10 man gear as I’m expecting most 25 man raiders will participate in 10 man raids as well.
  • You can download an excel spreadsheet with the top 20ish pieces per slot based on this list if you prefer. I like to keep a printed copy on my desk so I can quickly and easily decide if I should spend my hard earned DKP on an item when it drops.
  • This spreadsheet is purely based on the best stats for Restoration Druids so you will see the occasional +Hit or Balance item in the list.
  • For some slots the Balance tier gear actually ranks better than the Restoration pieces in some cases. I’ve not included these because I’m assuming trees will be aiming for the Restoration tier bonus.
  • The weightings behind these gear options can be found here, and a full loot rank template here.

Restoration Tier 10 – Lasherweave Garb

I just wanted to reiterate how to get your Tier 10 gear for those who are still unsure. Even if you have access to 25 man raids and Tier tokens you still need to purchase the base ilevel 251 Lasherweave set before you can upgrade it to a 264 set.

If you wish to own all 5 pieces of Tier 10 you need:

Soulcleave Pendant Deathbringer Saurfang Icecrown Citadel Raid 10H
Blood Queen’s Crimson Choker Blood-Queen Lana’thel Icecrown Citadel Raid 25

Shoulder Boss Raid
Shoulders of Frost-Tipped Thorns The Blood Princes Icecrown Citadel Raid 25H
Shoulders of Frost-Tipped Thorns The Blood Princes Icecrown Citadel Raid 25
Sanctified Lasherweave Pauldrons Heroic Sanct. Token Icecrown Citadel Raid 25H
Shoulderpads of the Searing Kiss Blood-Queen Lana’thel Icecrown Citadel Raid 10H
Sanctified Lasherweave Pauldrons Sanctification Token Icecrown Citadel Raid 25/10H

Back Boss Raid
Greatcloak of the Turned Champion Deathbringer Saurfang Icecrown Citadel Raid 25H
Bolvar’s Devotion Tribute Chest, Anub’arak Coliseum 25H

Bracers of Eternal Dreaming Valithria Dreamwalker Icecrown Citadel Raid 25

Hands Boss Raid
Handguards of Winter’s Respite Lord Marrowgar Icecrown Citadel Raid 25H
Sanctified Lasherweave Gauntlets Heroic Sanct. Token Icecrown Citadel Raid 25H
Handguards of Winter’s Respite Lord Marrowgar Icecrown Citadel Raid 25
Icicle Shapers Sindragosa Icecrown Citadel Raid 10H
Sanctified Lasherweave Gauntlets Sanctification Token Icecrown Citadel Raid 25/10H

Waist Boss Raid
Professor’s Bloodied Smock Professor Putricide Icecrown Citadel Raid 25H
Professor’s Bloodied Smock Professor Putricide Icecrown Citadel Raid 25
Cord of Pale Thorns Twin Val’kyr Coliseum 25H
Belt of Petrified Ivy 60 x Emblem of Frost Emblem of Frost Vendor
Cord of Dark Suffering Gunship Battle Icecrown Citadel Raid 10H

Legs Boss Raid
Sanctified Lasherweave Legplates Heroic Sanct. Token Icecrown Citadel Raid 25H
Leather of Stitched Scourge Parts Festergut Icecrown Citadel Raid 25H
Leggings of Unrelenting Blood Deathbringer Saurfang Icecrown Citadel Raid 10H
Sanctified Lasherweave Legplates Sanctification Token Icecrown Citadel Raid 25/10H
Leather of Stitched Scourge Parts Festergut Icecrown Citadel Raid 25

Sundial of Eternal Dusk Sindragosa Icecrown Citadel Raid 25
Shadow Silk Spindle The Blood Princes Icecrown Citadel Raid 25
Chalice of Searing Light Twin Val’kyr Coliseum 25H

19 Responses to “Patch 3.3 Resto Druid Gear Guide
For the 25 Man Raider”

1. KeevaNo Gravatar says

Just a quick note – your gloves section is full of belts! :P

• LathereNo Gravatar says

OMG I can’t believe I completely missed a hands section :) Fixed and added now – thanks for picking it up!

2. KeevaNo Gravatar says

No worries. Great list :)

3. BeruthielNo Gravatar says

Nice list Lath! Ugh…so many choices! :)
    .-= Beruthiel’s last blog … Shaman SoS: Help! =-.

4. LestuniemNo Gravatar says

Six items – One slot
    So many delightful possibilities!

Good list. Just for a note that you missed the badge cloth belt (Circle of Ossus – http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50997)

Have fun in the new wing!

- Lestuniem of Moonglade Europe -

5. LestuniemNo Gravatar says

Silly me not reading the post. It’s cloth so not here
    Sowwy!

6. TwobeeNo Gravatar says

Under Chests you have the Chest off lady deathwhisper linked twice. Dont know if anyone caught it or not.

7. TwobeeNo Gravatar says

Edit to my previous post:

Have the chest linked as both heroic i think one is supposed to be normal.

8. RagnarokNo Gravatar says

I would love an opinion why you put Frozen Bonespike has number 1 instead of Trauma. I always thought that Trauma would be the best for Druids as there’s always alot of raid damage in most fights of ICC.

9. JorgeNo Gravatar says

Hi, again , this is probably not the place to post this but re goes, I am having a hard time healing through Lich King 25 man. Its like i have to keep attention to 20 different things and i keep missing the little things. First phase is ok since the group is together i can concentrate in keeping hots on the offtank and the main tank and do a rejuv here or there to people with the aoe disease debuff who were missed by the priests, but when it comes to the phase after the lich king drops the balcony the first time and well run to the center to juggle between defiles and valks i go crazy trying to keep hots on the tank and off tank and still try to do rejuv on people with debuff disease when it happens . Since everyone is all over the place i cant do a good wild growth which i was counting on to be my back up heal, i ended up going with a rejuv/ lifebloom combo but sometimes it is not enough.

I’m i doing something wrong? Whats worse is that i had a preset healing style and all where i worked with Vuhdo to keep Rejuv , Wild growth and swiftmend in my 3 mouse buttons or use Rejuv/Nourish/Wildgrowth but thanks to my well meaning Raid leader who i am now understanding that he doesnt know anything about resto druid, i was told to change to rejuv/regrowth/wildgrowth which might be great in some situations when i have to spot someone but spamming regrowth loses all purpose because your wasting the Hots part of it.

I recently saw my short comings when the other resto druid couldn’t go to the guild try lich king night and i completely forgot to lay hots on the tanks during phase 3 that has been repetative because my guild fails to run out on defiles.

Also this part doesn’t have to do with the topic above but i recently got the Heroic version of Leggings of Unrelenting Blood but i am a little reluctant to use them over the Sanctified Druid leggings since i will miss out over the tier 10 4 set bonus, so a second opinion would be great on how to proceed. Here is my gear link again.

• LathereNo Gravatar says

Hi Jorge – Do you have a discipline priest in your raid? This makes the fight go from very difficult raid healing to something much much easier because you only have to worry about topping up a couple of people with infest. The healing make up/assignments my guild use for most attempts is:

Tank Healing: Holy Paladin
      Tank Healing + Group 1 Bubbles: Discipline Priest
      Raid Bubbles Groups 2 – 5: Discipline Priest
      Groups 1, 2 & 3: Restoration Druid & Resto Shaman
      Groups 3, 4 & 5: Restoration Druid & Holy Priest

I find raid healing isn’t that bad when a discipline priest is bubbling off infest and giving the raid an extra split second to move out of defile. I find I can focus more on hotting up the tank in anticipation of soul reaper and chucking hots and nourishes on the raid members that need it. Transition phases are the tricky part – I am assigned to Groups 1, 2 & 3 and I like to place regrowth on all the melee DPS during this phase because they seem so squishy (this could just be our guild I’m not 100% sure why the damage is so high) and then move to rejuvs/wild growth and nourish top ups as necessary.

2nd transition phase we make our raid member use their health stones and live saving abilities like barskin to get into position on the outer edge and try only to pop hero/bloodlust at the very end so that the healers have time to top up the raid and heal up the first harvest soul person without issue.

With respects to Regrowth – there is no point spamming it. Once it’s on and the hots are ticking you should move over to Nourish providing you have another hot on the target. Would you spam Regrowth on Dreamwalker? As if – Nourish is what I would like to think all resto druids would use.

I would personally stick to the 4 piece set bonus especially if there are nights where your the only druid so you can really make use of the rejuv hopping. There is nothing wrong with forgoing it through – its a complete matter of preference I know people who prefer to get individual BIS items and miss out on them all together :)

Good luck with Lich King 25!

• JorgeNo Gravatar says

Hi Lathere, Thank you for responding so quickly. We have a shadow / disc priest who we sometimes get to switch to discipline in fights like Blood Queen but most of the other times he is Shadow… So I am going suggest to our guild the way your healing assignment are set up for this encounter. specially when its an all movement fight.

We recently learned from another ex guildie that the Defile / Valks stage doesnt count toward the enrage so maybe we could just stop 5 seconds before defile hits and move it out of the way and then take care of valks and do it with baby steps.

I went to your UI Evolution post after i posted the previous post and did a complete overhaul of Interface, also found out that Vuhdo allows you to add spells to the mousewheel so now i have
        Left Click = Rejuv
        Right Click = Wild Growth
        Middle Click = Swiftmend
        Mouse Wheel Scroll up = Nourish
        Mouse Wheel Scroll down = Regrowth

Also added:
        ALT + Left Click = Remove Curse
        ALT + Right Click = Abolish Poison.

Which i tried tonight for raid and i was so happy that i had almost all the spells i use for healing on the mouse, well not counting Lifebloom.

It really came in handy since we had a low gear Resto Druid who didnt know much of the fights experience so it was great to keep her up besides the rest of the raid and tanks.

The only downside i had was the common bug that happens that sometimes you get like latency cast that makes your cast SLOW and to be able to fix you need to log out completely out of the game and then come back in .

Thank you again for your reply any information helps :)

10. JacobNo Gravatar says

I am wondering what make the solace of the fallen bis why is it at the top of the list

• NephytsNo Gravatar says

Solace is BiS for the insane mana regen that it provides, remember the highest item lvl isnt always the best. I would recommend using Heroic Althor’s and Heroic Solace for your trinkets.

11. NephytsNo Gravatar says

I don’t see why Heroic Trauma isnt the BiS. Yes, Bonespike does provide a nice amount of spirit but it has crit on it. I would take the Trauma proc over spirit any day. Plus the socket on Trauma is more favorable for druids if your gemming full on haste. Just wondering.

Thanks,
    ~Nephy

• LathereNo Gravatar says

I haven’t actually updated this list at all since patch 3.3 came out. Trauma has been buffed since then and I agree it’s what I believe is BIS. It’s actually what I use and it’s totally fabulous! I may have a look at updating the list with Ruby Sanctum stuff shortly I just haven’t really been playing too much over the last 6 weeks.

• NephytsNo Gravatar says

Heroic Glowing Twilight Scale looks nice, amazing spellpower throughput, but the proc is pretty worthless for us since direct heals isn’t really the way we heal. I’m still debating if its worth picking up. But for the verdict now, Heroic Solace is still what I would use over it. But only time will tell =]

~Nephy

12. KharzaigNo Gravatar says

Love the list, very nicely put up. but for the love of god include the cloth items… specially since we actually do have a cloth item in our BIS set.. There’s also a pretty nice Cloth Head from IC10H aswell that has haste, defenately better than Crit..

1. [...] Idolatry from Bell at 4Healz (resto druid Patch 3.3 Resto Druid Gear Guide For the 25 Man Raider from Lathere, at HoTs & DoTs Patch 3.3 Resto Druid Gear for the Casual/10 Man Raider from [...]

2. [...] like to point out I have been using the utterly amazing 25 man and 10 man guides from Hots and Dots to build up my BiS [...]

3. [...] Patch 3.3 Resto Druid Gears (25man) [...]