It’s a Train Wreck and I Can’t Look Away!

PUgging Pally

Leveling a Holy Paladin only using the Looking for Dungeon Tool

I’ve never done a blogroll spotlight before but this one had me so intrigued I felt it deserved a post of its own.  Now for some twisted reason I very much enjoy reading other peoples experiences (especially when it goes oh so bad) in dungeons and raids and I have a feeling that quite a few Hots & Dots readers are partial to these stories as well.

So let me introduce you to Vidyala from Pugging Pally.  This lovely lady is leveling a holy paladin ONLY using the new dungeon tool from level 1 – 80.  I absolutely love this idea though don’t think I could bring myself to do it after my experiences leveling my little mage to 80 this past week, (topic for another blog post – please don’t ever ask me to do Culling of Stratholme ever again!).  While this idea is out for me I simply can’t stop reading someone elses descent into madness journey.

What I love most about this blog is the little sidebar that gives a status update on her current level, total dungeons completed and total deaths.

So if your looking for a new read, please check it out.  I can’t wait to see some of the upcoming entries, Uldaman must be on the near horizon!

Cheers

Lath

6 Responses to “It’s a Train Wreck and I Can’t Look Away!”

1. VidyalaNo Gravatar says

Wow, Lath! Thanks so much for the mention, and I’m glad you’ve enjoyed reading so far. I know it isn’t exactly a unique idea – I’ve read the blogs of lots of folks who level /have been leveling their characters that way, but never done it myself until now.

I’m definitely enjoying it, as bizarre as it may sound. I hope there’s enough madness to keep it interesting without actually causing me to injure myself from hitting my face with my palm.
    .-= Vidyala’s last blog … Go Gnome or Go Home =-.

2. NatarumahNo Gravatar says

The new Dungeon Tool is made of win and awesome, and one of the best additions Blizzard made to the game. My little Healadin (soon tankadin) is also leveling primarily through instances, but seeing as he started at level 36, it’s not that much of an achievement ^_^.

Keep sharing the pug life, Vidyala!
    .-= Natarumah’s last blog … Instance level 201 – a deeper look =-.

3. AneaNo Gravatar says

I’m glad you linked this – in fact, I love the idea so much I want to have a blog for it too! I’ve even rolled character(s) from scratch just to see all the content at level, but I hadn’t gone so far as to try to level exclusively via the dungeon finder.

*goes to read*
    .-= Anea’s last blog … Wrath: Looking Back =-.

4. captkumquatNo Gravatar says

I’ve done something akin to this on one of my other toons, before the dungeon finder, it can be really fun but at the same time it can be a real pain in the butt. I’ve noticed in the lower levels there tend to be a lot of kids (there are in general in WoW, but exceptionally so in the lower levels, particularly VC-SM lvl or so).

As well though, I think less experienced players tend to be more receptive to critique when they’re doing lower instances. Not sure if this is just luck on my part or if it’s something like people taking things less seriously pre-80 or whatever. Anyway, good luck with your adventures in PuGing. =)

5. TamNo Gravatar says

Oh wow, thanks for the link, this looks *amazing*.

*watches, rapt*
    .-= Tam’s last blog … i laugh when i am merry =-.

6. MekaNo Gravatar says

Ooooh excellent find, thank you! I’ve had quite a few good chuckles already at Vidyala’s (mis)fortune :)
    .-= Meka’s last blog … Threat generation and Action Bars =-.

1. [...] 7, 2010 · Leave a Comment First off, many thanks to Lathere of HoTs & DoTs for the very kind mention. I’ve been reading over there (quietly) since my resto druid was my raiding main. I still [...]

2. [...] was going to be for me. I still remember my jaw dropping when I saw that Lath at HoTs & DoTs had linked to me. It was my first link! Later, Tam also linked to me, and I have shared links with many other [...]