Patch 3.3 has brought the final raid instance for the current WoW expansion, Icecrown Citadel. With the release of 3.3 Restoration Druids have also experienced a significant change to how we benefit from Haste and our Haste cap has changed. This means re-evaluating what gear is available to help us perform our best through Icecrown Citadel.
While Icecrown Citadel has been gated, most gear and boss details have already been data mined which is great because we can start planning and making decisions about what gear upgrades are most achievable even before the bosses are available. Something to keep in mind is that the gear you gather at this final step of raiding will probably also form your leveling set when Cataclysm is released.
As with the patch 3.2 gear guide, I’m also splitting this into two parts: this one focusing on 10 man/casual raiders and a follow up will contain a 25 Man raider list (I’ll post that one in the near future). I define the 10 man/casual raider as:
1. The fairly serious 10 man raider who sometimes PUGs the easy 25s
2. The 25 man raider who is trying to gear up a Resto alt or dual spec set
3. The casual player who knows their stuff, runs heroics with friends and PUGs easy 25 mans
4. The player who has just come back from a break and wants to get back into 25 man raiding
- All options included here are leather armor and from normal (non-heroic) difficulty modes.
- You can download an excel spreadsheet with the top 20ish pieces per slot based on this list if you prefer. I like keep a printed copy on my desk so I can quickly and easily decide if I should spend my hard earned DKP on an item when it drops.
- This spreadsheet is purely based on the best stats for Restoration Druids so you will see the occasional +Hit or Balance item in the list.
- The weightings behind these gear options can be found here, and a full loot rank template here.
- I define PUGable 25 Mans as: Naxxramas, Obsidium Sanctum: 0 Drakes, Eye Of Eternity, Onyxia and Trial of the Crusader
- If you are uncomfortable with the though of PUGing but you have plenty of gold, consider looking for a GDKP run on your server so that you don’t have to worry about performance as much.
- With the new dungeon finder, being a casual player and having access to fantastic gear has never been easier. Make sure you try to run the random heroic daily for your Emblem of Frost and always make an effort to get into a group for the weekly raid quest, these are generally easy bosses and a reward you with 5 Emblems of Frost.
3.3 Restoration Druid Haste Cap
Druids now need 856 haste to hit haste cap without taking talent points in Celestial Focus, or still a high 735 haste with a CF build. When researching and determining your gear upgrades you need to take that into consideration.
Restoration Tier 10 – Lasherweave Garb
When you are spending your Emblem of Frost and you can choose between a Lasherweave Tier 10 ilvl251 piece and a stand alone item I would strongly recommend taking the Tier item if you intend to spend any time in ICC 25 before the expansion ends. Once you have purchased your base level 251 Tier gear, you only need to win a token from a 25 man raid boss in order to upgrade this item to a much better piece (ilvl 264).
Good luck in Icecrown!