I’ve never enjoyed Scholomance much because I have a terrible sense of direction. I think the idea is cool – inflitrating an evil school – and the dungeon appeals to me more than Stratholme. When I decided to revisit Scholo at 80 for Argent Dawn reputation I went straight to Google to find a map and a walkthrough. None of it was helpful. So I thought I’d write and share my own.
What this Guide Is
This guide is intended to graphically show you a clear path through the dungeon and tell you where to find each boss. You won’t miss any (I’ve left out the one optional summoned boss, I figure if you are completing the quests you’ll be able to find him on subsequent runs). You’ll do minimal backtracking. You won’t run in circles looking for a door. You’ll know when you have finished.
What this Guide Isn’t
This guide will not:
- tell you which mobs to clear
- suggest group compositions
- provide any other instructions on how to complete Scholomance at the appropriate gear/level for the instance (level 56-60)
- tell you how to complete quests in/around Scholomance
- tell you how to get the key to Scholomance
- Immediately upon entering the instance clear the bridge you’re standing on and head straight across and through the gate
- Turn left down the stairs, killing whatever, you will be in the room called The Reliquary, open the gate to your north and head through
- Head west through to the Chamber of Summoning
- Head south but before you leave the room run into the door on the west wall (the door looks closed but will open as run into it)
- Go down the corridor (Note: the skeletons in here are immune to everything except holy damage) and kill Jandice Barov
- Retrace your steps until you reach ground level again and head south through the gate
- Keep heading south, following the corridor down and around, until you reach Rattlegore
- Retrace your steps until your screen announces that you are back in “Scholomance”
- Go through the east gate (Note: more holy damage skeletons here) and open the southern Door to the Viewing Room (the key drops from mobs killed previously)
- Go through the southwest gate and run through the door/wall at the end into the Laboratory and kill Raz Frostwhisper
- Retrace your steps until you are back in the Viewing Room and head through the northeast gate out of the room into the Headmaster’s Study
- Go left, and clear each of the three rooms on the this floor killing Lorekeeper Polkelt (north room), Doctor Theolen (east room) and Instructor Malicia (south room)
- Jump down or take the stairs down to the bottom floor and again clear each of the three rooms killing Lady Illucia Barov (north room), Lord Alexei Barov (east room) and The Ravenian (south room)
- Retrace a few feet to the center of the Headmaster’s Study and kill Darkmaster Gandling who has appeared in the center.
- You’re done!